|Supervisor Systems &
|The BDF System Control is a distributed control system which uses the 7355X or 7360DDC Micro-controller as a host and individual micro-controller modules for dedicated control tasks. All modules are managed by a system controller microprocessor. Most of the control electronics are housed in a self standing control cabinet located at the end of the load station or adjacent to offset shroud. Satellite modules are located elsewhere in the Furnace system.
|APEX Supervisory System
(One APEX node controls up to 16 process tubes)
- APEX is a software application that provides a set of tools for automating wafer processing.
o Recipe Management
o Real Time Tube Status
o Data Collection
o Preventive Maintenance Management
o Statistical Process Control (optional)
o Host Link Interface (optional)
- APEX Systems
o HP B2600 or C3600 Workstations
o HP-UX 10.20 Operating System
o Borland Interbase Database Management System
o Digi Etherlite Remote Multiplexer
o HP Printer/Plotter (PCL-5 / HPGL)
- APEX Communications
o Digi Etherlite Terminal Server
o Serial to TCP/IP Protocol over Network
o RS232 Serial Communication to Controller
o HSMS Direct Network Connection to Factory Host (optional) and Vertron III
o 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet utilizing TCP/IP across private network.
|Model 7355X DDC
(operator panel, one per tube level)
- 2.3 Version Firmware
- Menu driven from operator front panel.
- Communications port for upstream APEX Computer.
- System controller microprocessor.
- NICAD Battery Backup System
- Recipe control with the following features:
o 50 programmable time intervals
o 56 programmable inputs and outputs are available
o Automatic abort and hold capability
o Temperature control for up to six control/profile thermocouple pairs
o Auto profiling capability at operator request
o Set-point control for eight mass flow controllers
o Temperature and gas ramping capability
o Boatloader control
o Local storage/retrieval of up to three recipes while a fourth (duplicate) is operating.
|Boatloader Control Module:(one per tube level)
- Digital speed accuracy control to + 1% of set-point.
- End Travel position accuracy to ± 0.02” (0.51mm)
- Easy calibration.
- Manual override.
- Integrated EMS push-button and movement indicating light.
- On-board electronics for paddle lift and autodoor.
(Mounted in Gas Cabinet Section)
- Fully integrated with DDC.
- Interlocks with tube level alarms.
- Configured for process specific application.
|Engineered for additional functionality, with a focus on improved In-situ diagnostics and ease of use, the
VCVD Interface IIITM provides a three-fold increase in electrical accuracy in the leak rate measurement
circuit. Combine this with an LCD readout, self-diagnostic capabilities and additional status monitoring
LEDs, the VCVD Interface IIITM takes a major leap forward in VCVD processing.
- Key Benefits
o User selectable pre leak check outgas delay
o Verification of leak rate calibration by self test
o Full 60 second leak check
o Front panel accessible set up adjustments
o User selected leak rate trip point
o Range 1-30mTorr
o Increment 1mTorr
o Accuracy +/-2 mTorr
o User Selected outgas delay 0, 30, 60 Seconds
o Self Test – Integrity of leak check circuit verified over two 60-second test cycles
- Key Features
o Improved drift stability and accuracy
o Elimination of daughter boards
o Backward compatibility with our VCVD Interface II board
o LCD display of trip point and vacuum leak information
o Operational status provided by front panel LEDs
|Temperature Control Module (Mounted in Furnace Section)
- Five dedicated control thermocouple channels and five profile thermocouple channels are
available. One auxiliary channel is available for options requiring temperature control such as the
- Calibrated for “S” thermocouple types (Platinum vs. Platinum 10% Rhodium)
- Actual Spike and Overtemperature T/C feedback monitored continuously for immediate detection
of T/C failure and if failure is detected, transfers control to a Back-up T/C
- System Calibration is not required
- Diagnostic Port provides access, using a PC or Terminal, for the following;
o Overtemperature trip setpoint is set to the heating element maximum operating
temperature (is user adjustable).
o Temperature Control Setup and Calibration
o Overtemperature T/C readout
o Individual PID Power Contributions-Real-time Monitoring Capability
o T/C Failure Recovery Mode Status Monitoring Capability
o Alarm Status Monitoring Capability
- Alarm Output and LED indication if an Internal Power Supply is Out of Specification.
|External Torch & Controller
- STARTUP TIMES
o FROM COLD TO IGNITION * 80 SEC
o FROM COLD TO MAX FLOW * 90 SEC
o WITH PREHEAT TO MAX FLOW * 30 SEC
o 1 INTERVAL FOR BASIC PROGRAMMING
o H2 AND O2 SETPOINTS & SOLENOID REQUEST
o 3 INTERVALS FOR PREHEAT MODE
o PROJECTED MTBF > 5000 HRS
o TESTED > 8000 LAMP STARTS (650 HRS)
o “O” – RING MOUNTED INJECTOR FOR LEAK-TIGHT SEAL.
o SINGLE DESIGN INJECTOR FOR USE UP TO 20 SLM (TESTED UP TO 30 SLM)
o RAMP RATE UP TO 4 SLM/SEC
o NO QUARTZ SPUTTERING AFTER 650 HRS